Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Suffocation

We are at that point of the semester where every professor has decided to make life miserable by assigning tests, projects and papers at the same time.  Everyday I go to class and feel like I'm being buried deeper and deeper by the amount of things to do (the phrase suffocation.. no breathing... comes to mind).  

You would think that would I would super organized in order to get everything done but I have "senioritis" super bad right now so it usually means staying at a constant stressed out level and turning to Netflix instead.... (I'm only kind of kidding about that) 😬

 I do have days where I would rather play with Baby Girl and catch up on my shows but for the most part, Keiton and I are somehow making it through this insane busy time.  I mean we both bombed tests last Saturday but hey I didn't say we were successfully getting through this busy time, just somehow floating through.  


Keiton got his hair cut this week and the lady who was cutting his hair was our age.  When she found out we had a baby she freaked out and asked him if he regretted having a baby so young.  Keiton was taken back at the question and told her if he could go back he wouldn't change a thing.

I whole heartedly 100% agree.  

School is overwhelming at times but it's always been stressful. Having our sweet Baby Girl makes life not only bearable but SO MUCH FUN too!! How can you not be filled with joy when you look into this face?! 


I would rather be busy than bored which is good because this little girl is a wiggle worm, always on the move (heaven help us when she can walk).  Luckily she loves to play so we set her in front of her toys and then try and get to get as much done as possible.  If anything having Baby Girl has taught me to be more productive with my time.



I have learned that with the help of God, somehow everything on my to-do list gets done and by some huge miracle I am at least passing my classes.  The rest is up to me and my attitude and I whole heartedly believe that it is possible to get through stressful situations with joy.


One of my favorite quotes is from Elder M. Russell Ballard,
"Attitude is an important part of the foundation upon which we build a productive life.  In appraising our present attitude, we might ask: 'Am I working to become my best self? Do I look toward the positive in life?' Remember, a good attitude produces good results, a fair attitude fair results, a poor attitude poor results.  We each shape our own life, and the shape of it is determined largely by our attitude.



So that is my though this week, no matter how stressful life is right now focus more on your attitude and a little less on the list of things to do.  Keeping a positive attitude and smile on your face will go a long way!


I'm so grateful for this little girl who constantly reminds me to smile.  We spend most of our days laughing, babbling and playing and that makes all the difference in my attitude! 






No comments:

Post a Comment