Monday, October 31, 2016

It gets worse

This week Keiton ran into a girl from his home town of Star Valley.  She is a freshmen here at BYU and she was telling him how overwhelmed she was during midterms.  Without even thinking about it Keiton replied "Don't worry, it gets worse." He said that he crushed this poor freshmen's hope.  We were talking about it and we were wondering when we got so cynical.  We blame it on the Junior Core Finance Program Keiton is currently trying to get through while working and raising a baby.  Life has been INSANE.  Slowly this semester of no sleep and bombing tests has all around been rough but this week was especially rough.

Early this week I got a fever and felt awful! I barely had the strength to lift baby girl and I had chills and an aching body.  Keiton took such good care of me and we are insanely blessed that baby never got sick! I don't even know how to explain it other than it has to be a blessing from God that baby has not gotten sick yet (knock on wood)!  In the 9 weeks that baby has been here I have had a cold, stomach bug and a fever. Seriously that is more sickness then the past 3 years combined and by a HUGE miracle baby has been smiling through it all!  One day I spent the day at my mom's house while she took care of me and baby girl, there is something about mom's they know exactly what to do to make you feel better, am I right?!  The next day, baby girl spent a lot of the day playing in her little jungle gym.  I laid next to her so grateful that she is such a "low maintenance" baby. I just don't know how we lucked out with such a beautiful happy baby!  I guess God sent us the best because honestly I don't know how we could juggle one more thing!!


 She also found her voice this week and she is a little chatterbox! She LOVES telling me stories.


She really does bring so much joy into our life! But like I said this week was rough.  I bombed a test this week, for the first time ever.  I have always done pretty good in school but the advance research, inquiry and critical thinking class is kicking my butt.  Yeah don't worry, it's a required class which is the only reason I am taking it! I was in shock after I walked out of the testing center (on the same day that I had 5 cavities filled :( rough day) and I came across this quote by Elder Joseph B Wirthlin
"It is easy to feel overwhelmed. . . The power of God can infuse our spirits and bodies with energy and vigor.  I urge you to seek this blessing from the Lord. . He has promised that 'they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.'" I don't know how to explain how this quote changed my week.  I was overcome with a peace that honestly didn't make sense, I was tired, overwhelmed, knew I wasn't doing good in that class or any of my other classes if we are being honest, and yet I was filled with this knowledge that everything was going to workout.  This feeling strengthened my desire to put God as a higher priority in my life and that made all the difference this week!  It is crazy how my outlook on everything has changed.  I have a new wave of energy and complete joy.  Keiton and I started to make a little time to read the Book of Mormon together every day and that has completely changed the entire vibe in our house! We came across 1 Nephi 18:16 which reads "Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions." That has become our motto.  We are both still hating school right now, but we are trying not to complain about it and it really has made a huge impact in our lives!  It has been easier to notice the blessings that Heavenly Father has a been pouring on us!


We finally got around to carving pumpkins, we made a "Lucy-lantern" and it was insane hard to hold down our wiggle worm to try and trace her little hands and feet but we got there in the end!





Our Halloween pics will come next week! I'm currently stuck in class right now (sigh :/). . .




No comments:

Post a Comment