Monday, November 28, 2016

Gratitude



For one of my classes I had to do a social experiment on gratitude.  The days leading up to Thanksgiving I had to write down one thing I was grateful for that day and then after Thanksgiving I had to document if it had any impact on my life.  For 24 days I took the time to reflect on blessings I experienced that day.  I will admit, some days were a lot harder to find something that made me smile but overall I was amazed at how many blessings I saw every single day.  It was amazing how little blessings really added up and made a huge impact on my overall happiness.  There were quite a few blessings that I would have usually overlooked but since I took the time to look for them I realized my life is overflowing with blessings and happiness.  There is a hymn that we sing in my church that says "count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."  So friends and family reading this, I challenge you to do the same! Set aside time in your day to look for your blessings and see if it makes a difference in your life!

Here's a few of my favorite gratitude quotes I found

"We can choose to be grateful no matter what." ~ President Uchtdorf 


"Gratitude attracts more reasons to be grateful" ~Dating Diva's


"Gratitude turns what we have into enough" ~Dating Diva's


"The secret to having it all, is knowing you already do" Dating Diva's


"When you love what you have, you have everything you need." ~Dating Diva's


I believe it is important to remember to live with gratitude within our home so we can more fully appreciate our families and realized how blessed we are to have loved ones in our lives! I believe this is one way to strengthen our homes and families and to increase love and happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment