Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Surviving School

I can't even believe that we have been in school 3 weeks, or that Keiton and I have been married over a month, or that we haven't washed away in the crazy rain that has hit Utah!!  Balancing two schedules of work and school have turned us into zombies but these past 3 weeks have been crazy busy, crazy fun.

In my design and assessment class our teacher started off by showing us the Mormon Message "Create" by President Uchtdorf (the link is there check it out!)  It is a really good clip about how all of us have the capability to create.  Then my teacher asks everyone how do you create?? I was thinking, shoot, I definitely am not a creator I don't do anything "wifey" or "artsy".  After reading the talk by President Uchtdorf my mind changed.  Pres Uchtdorf said ANYONE can create, he said it is a principle that if we apply in our life, will help us find the path to peace, hope and joy, who doesn't want that right?  Our Heavenly Father is the perfect example of creativity and as His children we have that same potential. President Uchtdorf said "as you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."  So I have been thinking about it the past few weeks, how can I create and honestly I was surprised that creating isn't for Super Women that we do it all the time.  It can be as small as create a positive attitude in your life by how you react to things, create a pattern of expression gratitude, create and strengthen friendships in your life and the list goes on and on.

Here are some of the great memories that we have created throughout the past few weeks.

We got to put that tool set to work as we put together a TV stand and table with 4 chairs and 2 benches.  We were up all night putting everything together, it looked like RC Willey had thrown up in our living room.

The after picture :)

New job at the BYU Preschool!!!  

In preschool we are starting a fall unit, I got to cut leaves off trees  and turn them into pain brushes, hope it works out because last time after painting I ended up with paint in my hair, in my ring and all over my shirt. . . 

These are just a few of our Pintrest successes! Braided pizza and hamburger wraps.



Awesome tickets to BYU's amazing game!! Thank you Dan and Kim!! We got to go with Dan, Kim, my dad, Emily and Jenny! It was one of the best nights ever!!!
New family tradition! Setting up an air mattress on the weekends and watching our favorite shows, then going on a fry and Mcflurry run at midnight :)


Our favorite drink at Soadalicious the "AK Special" <3


"The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create." President Uchtdorf.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! I love this! It looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete